Monday, November 26, 2012

Hmmmm....What to say?
MY ONE YEAR MARK IS THIS WEEK!!!! Yeah....don't even believe it. 6 months is going to fly. 

Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving? I wasn't feeling homesick at all because I didn't even know what day Thanksgiving was!! 

This week was pretty normal. I think I mentioned this last week, but we are finding so many less actives! We met a TON this week, and we weren't even trying. We are working with a less active member who wanted us to teach a few of her friends. This less active took us to her friends house, and after a few minutes of talking, this friend said, "I was baptized into the 'Mormon Church.'" The less active member didn't even know! She just had a feeling that we could help this friend of hers! Haha we'll see what we can do! We also had 4 other people approach us this week to tell us that they were baptized a long time ago! 

We are also teaching a 10 year old girl named Suiany. She has been going to church with her cousin who is a member. She wants to be baptized............BUT her mom won't let her. GAHHH.....breaks my heart. Suiany literally lives in the slums. She lives in one of the most humble houses I have seen here in Brazil. There are three of these shacks on the same piece of land, and among these three shacks there are about 30 kids (many that don't wear shoes) that live there. It is heartbreaking to see the conditions that they live in. I have already seen many people that live in humble circumstances here in Brasil, but many people live comfortably. Suiany doesn't. That is why it is so sad for me to see her mom forbid her to be baptized. The covenants that she will make in the baptism will be such a strength and guidance for her!

Sorry for an incredibly lame email. I must be an incredibly lame missionary. Haha I can't think of anything to say at the moment!! Know that I love you all and I love this work!
 
Sister Autumn Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment