Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Amigos e familiares!

I totally forgot that Thanksgiving even existed! Have fun getting FAT! I'll be sweating all of my fat off! AND.....Christmas is definitely a bigger deal in the States. Maybe it is because of the heat, but it doesn't even seem like it is getting close to Christmas at all! 

 As of late, Sister Matiaco and I are using our ward list a ton to find the less actives and the part member families in our area. This week we only had 2 investigators at church, but we FILLED our Principles of Gospel class with less actives!!!!! These less actives are members that were baptized like 15 years ago, that stayed active for about 4 months after, and have been inactive ever since. I thought this was a great feat (more like blessing from the Lord)  At times, missionaries just think about baptisms, baptisms, baptisms. That's ok, because it is our purpose after all. However, these children that have strayed from the path or never really understood what it was when they were baptized need help to gain eternal life as well. Baptisms will also come through these part member families or referrals from the less actives. 

This week we had a Conference with (a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy that has a really wierd, difficult Brazilian name that I won't even try to spell). He burned us all! After that Conference, I left with the promise that I will dedicate everything that I am to this work for my last 6 months! This Conference was really inspiring and really helpful. 

Well gente, I am doing great! The work is moving forward. There is nothing more gratifying than being the answer to someone's prayer! Love you all!
 
Sister Autumn Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment