Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Oi!

To tell you the truth, it has been a hard week for me. I am kind of ashamed to say that my mind and heart was at home. With Grandma's death,   I was thinking a ton about being home with my family for the funeral. I woke up on Saturday, guessing that the funeral would be that day, with absolutely no desire to leave my bed. Just the thought of walking in the hot sun and being rejected by people made me want to crawl into a hole to get some rest and a little alone time. However, I have found that the best medicine for sadness is work. Work work work. And that is what I have done this week. A mission is definitely full of really low lows and really high highs. However, I am grateful for the lows I have had, because I have learned to appreciate and value not only the highs, but the in-betweens. I have learned to count all the little teeny tiny blessings and tender mercies that I receive from the hand of the Lord daily. 

Things are going well with Sister Matiaco. I am so impressed by her love for the people. I have to admit, that I sometimes don't have the patience or charity that I should have.......she is teaching me that I should definitely be more Christlike in that respect. We have some really special people that we are teaching right now, but there always seems to be something that stands in between them and baptism! As an instrument in the Lord's hands....I am planning on knocking down those barriers! 

They don't really have Halloween here. Bummer. No free candy for me. **unless someone wants to send me a package hint hint* I'll even say "Trick or Treat!' 

On Thursday, all of the Sister Missionaries are going to have an exclusive conference with Sister Wright. GIRL TIME! I am pretty excited.....Sister Wright is amazingggg. 

I know that this Gospel is true and is worth every sacrifice in living! Love you all! 

Sister Autumn Barnes
 
All of the Sisters in my zone at General Conference
Me and Sister Matiaco

No comments:

Post a Comment