Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 15th E-mail

Friends and Family,

It was so good to talk to you the other day! Holy cow those 40 minutes flew! It seemed like 2 minutes for me! I also had so much to say.....but feel like I didn't say any of it! Hahahaha also I hope you don't think I am some sort of slacker missionary for saying that I have trouble waking up every morning! I promise I wake up when I am supposed to! I just have to really will myself to actually leave the bed. Oh boy. It will be really hard when it gets really cold here.....pray.for.me.

Funny story.....so after I was done talking with you, I started talking to my companion, Sister Freitas, in English. Totally didn't even realize that I was speaking English to her and that she doesn't speak English. She just looked at me with a blank stare and then started laughing!

Mom, you asked about Marco the other day, the 9 year old boy that was hit by a car.....I found out today that he was baptized! Whoohoo!

On Saturday we will have the baptisms of two kids, Luiz and Luiza. They are really special. Whenever we arrive at their house Luiza yells, "Sisters!" and comes and gives me the biggest hug. She is already a little missionary....sharing the gospel with all of her little friends!

On Thursday, we will have Zone Conference. Here, President Pavan will say his goodbyes. I probably won't see him again after that. His mission ends at the end of June. He has been so great! It will be interesting to see what happens with a new Mission President....especially an American Mission President.

Things are going well! I can't believe that I pretty much have 6 months in the mission already! I am already a third of the way through! When did that happen?

I know this gospel is true! That is the reason I am here in Brazil so far from home! A mission is not easy! But is it worth it? Yes. More than yes. It is also full of the most gratifying, joyful experiences as well. The change that comes into peoples' lives, families, eyes when they accept the gospel is amazing and undeniable! I know the Lord directs this work. I know that he loves all of His children and prepares the way for them to hear and accept His everlasting gospel.

I love you all!
Sister Autumn Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment