Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 8th E-mail

Dear Friends and Family!

Today is temple day! I am so excited! Like I said in my last email, the city I am serving in is pretty close to Porto Alegre, so we get temple privileges! I have missed the temple so much! What a blessing it is to have a temple in my mission! I am also excited because this will be my first temple session in Portuguese. When I went to the temple in São Paulo, I went with all the other American missionaries, so the sessions were in English. I am looking forward to experiencing it in Portuguese!

MOTHER'S DAY! I am so excited to call home and talk to my family!!!!

Things are going great here! I am still learning a lot everyday! More Portuguese, more about the gospel and scriptures, more about Brasil. Haha I have never learned so much in such a short time span, I think!!!

I heard from Sister Zeller, my companion in the Provo MTC! She arrived in Brazil about 3 weeks ago! I was so happy to hear that! She had to wait forever to receive her visa. We are definitely going to hang out a ton when we both return.....she is amazing!

My companion is great! Like I said, she is really quiet.....but she has great knowledge of the gospel. I am learning a lot from her.

Canoas is good as well. It is a lot more poor (I don't know how to say that correctly in English. is that right?) than Novo Hamburgo. The food is not quite as good....but that should be good for my weight!

I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church of Jesus Christ. I know it was restored to the earth by the Prophet, Joseph Smith. I don't even have words to explain how special it is to have the gospel in our lives! We are so blessed! The Lord has entrusted us with such a special thing! SO....don't keep it to yourselves! Everyone deserves the eternal joy, peace, and blessings the gospel brings!

I love you all!
Sister Autumn Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment