Monday, September 17, 2012

Beloved Friends and Family,

I am still alive! Last night we had the worst storm that I have seen here in Brasil. Lightning, thunder, wind, and rain falling sideways. We got caught in it......there were times when Sister Marques and I literally couldn't move because the wind was blowing so hard against us. We had to link arms and push through the wind. We camped out at home because it was super dangerous to be out there. But, we survived.....and today is a beautiful day!

Today is Sister Marques birthday! 23! I think we are going to a salon and she will be getting her hair done. By the way......I am going blonde! Blonde! The sun is so crazy strong here that it is burning my hair to a crisp!


We found a guy named Marcos this week while knocking doors. He is 26 years old and you can tell he has had a rocky past. Tatoos up the wazoo, longish hair, various holes in his ears where he once had piercings, etc. I think he talked to us at first because he had the hots for Sister Marques. But after we taught him a little, he became interested in our message. We went back a few days later and he had read the pamphlet and prayed about it. We also gave him a Book of Mormon and while we bore testimony of it, the spirit was SOO strong. Sister Marques and I felt it, and there is no way that he couldn't have felt it as well. I always pray that my investigators will be able to submit to the spirit and resist temptation. I hope that he has submited to the whisperings of the spirit and has been reading and praying about the Book of Mormon!! I know it will make the difference that he is searching for in his life!!!.....I know it makes all the difference in my life!

Who is excited for General Conference? I am!!!! I wonder where I will be when Conference comes  round?! I have a feeling I will be transferred here in about 2 weeks! We'll see!

This week we had a conference in Canoas with an Area Seventy of Brasil, Elder Mazzagardi. It was super good. I could sit there and listen to him forever......although my fanny was starting to hurt a bit near the end. But wow......I was really surprised when he spent a huge chunk of time talking about the Law of Chastity. Not the law of chastity as it applies to our investigators........but to us. It scares me to death to know that a group of MISSIONARIES had to be warned of the all the dangers of breaking the law of chastity. He spoke very strongly about this. One thing that really stuck out to me is that he said that there is no distinction between the words "Law of Chastity" and "Exaltation." But anyway....the conference was awesome! I was also able to see a ton of past companions, friends, and President and Sister Wright!

I love you all! I am beyond grateful for the gospel! It has made all the difference in my life, family, and goals!  I love sharing it! Don't be afraid to open your mouth and share as well!

Love,
Sister Autumn Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment