Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Todo Mundo!!! 
 
I am tiiiiiired! But doing well! Covering 2 areas is keeping us beyond busy! Right now we only have time to concentrate on our investigators with the most potential. When I get my new companion, we are going to have to work on finding new investigators because there hasn't been much time for that lately. 

Good news: Two baptisms this Saturday! Can I get a "woot woot?" No, but I am really excited. Vanderlei is the boyfriend of a member and came pre-prepared and ready for baptism. It has been awesome to teach him. Jese, who is 20 years old, will be baptized as well. He is the boy I mentioned last week, the boy that always felt the spirit everytime he passed by the church. I know that they will be great leaders, great Priesthood holders in the church. 

This Sunday was Father's Day here in Brasil. I want to give a shout out to my Daddy! I love you and am so grateful for the way that you have raised, supported, and loved our family. I thought it was very fitting that I ate churrasco (Brazilian BBQ) on Father's Day. A TON OF MEAT!!!! Chicken, Steak, Sausage, Chicken Hearts, and more beef. I left the member's house about ready to puke! (Lisa remember how much STUFF we ate at Tucanos?) 

Today during personal study, I was hit with the magnitude of my calling. I have authority from God to rescue his precious children from spiritual death. I am affecting not only the lives of people aqui, but eternities!!!! The Lord and I are one in purpose right now! I received authority to be a representative of Jesus Christ when I was set apart as a missionary, but my prayer right now is that I can always be worthy of power from on high to magnify this calling and authority. 

Love you all!
Sister Autumn Barnes

P-Day will be on Monday because of transfers!

No comments:

Post a Comment