Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February 21st E-mail

Hello Family and Friends!

It's the Grande Greenie Gringa here! Yep....that's me! I am new to South America and I am new to the mission! I am doing well! I have realized that a lot of my emails have been really complain-y. I don't mean to be that way. There has been a lot to get used to, but I really am enjoying my experience!

This past week has been the week of Brazil's world famous Carnaval. That has been interesting! We were told by President Pavan that during Carnaval, we all needed to be back home at night by 8 pm. Things get pretty crazy after dark. It has been interesting trying to teach this week because everyone is either at the beach, or they have visitors....so a lot of our appointments fell, but the appointments we did have were really great.

I am getting fat, I think!!!!! This is how every lunch at members' homes go: "Oh, you Sisters are too skinny. You need a lot of energy to walk out in the heat all day." They then proceed to fill my plate. And no, they aren't filling my plate with fruits and vegetables. They fill my plate with every carb known to man. Seriously, down here in the south, an average lunch consists of pasta, rice, mashed potatoes, and beans with some sort of meat. I may not be recognizable pretty soon. I hope you will all still love me regardless.

The language is getting better and better everyday. Still very hard. I have a world of things to learn. Literally. I have to learn a new word for everything in the world. But, it really is so cool to learn a new language and I am slowly becoming more comfortable.

Time is up, but I love you all!
I promise to write more next week!

Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment