Monday, March 4, 2013

Baptism

Olá!!!
This week was the baptism of Erik Rodrigues de Souza!!!! It was by far one of the most special of all the baptisms I have taken part in. Erik comes from a rough family. His dad and stepmom use drugs and don't even give him the time of day. It was super easy to get parental authorization to baptize Erik because his dad doesn't even care very much about what his son does. I was beyond happy to see that 75 people showed up for Erik's baptism!!!!...more than we usually have in the sacrament meeting. It was truly a miracle!!! At the temple a few days before, I bought him a Book of Mormon with Doctrine and Covenants and a Bible. I had all of the youth in the ward sign it for him a couple days before. I gave him this present after the baptism and he started crying. I could tell that it meant a lot to him. That was a SUPERRRR rewarding day!!
I found out agora, and almost started crying because of it, that an investigator that I found knocking doors was baptized in Montenegro. This really strengthened my testimony because at times we don't see the fruit of our labors. I didn't baptize him while I was there, but I remember very distinctly the day that I knocked on his door asking if we could share a special message with him. It was one of those days....one of those hard days when all of our appointments had fallen through. We were walking past this street and I had the strong feeling to knock doors there even though it was a road mostly full of businesses and only had a couple of houses. I don't think there is a better feeling in the world than the feeling of knowing that you were an instrument in the Lord's hands in changing someone's eternities!!! I love the mission!

KELSIE WAS CALLED TO PORTO ALEGRE NORTE???????? I don't believe this! Too bad that I won't be here still, but I love the idea of having family carrying on the work here in the BEST MISSION IN THE WORLD!!! If she has any questions about the mission, Rio Grande do Sul or whatever, let me know! Tell her she will ADORE President and Sister Wright! 

My heart is so full right now after a very gratifying week. The Lord knows us! He is in control! It is only through him that we can find true happiness!!! Love you all!!

Sister Autumn Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment