Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April 23rd E-mail

Family and Friends,

My second transfer is officially over. Weird. I will be transferred!! I don't know where yet, but according to Sister Wegener, I will probably be headed to a place called Campus Norte with another American companion named Sister Grant. I will let you know when I find out for sure! To tell you the truth, I am a little nervous. It kind of feels like my first day again.....I was starting to feel comfortable here. Ha I should have known that the Lord would kick me out of my comfort zone! It is how we progress, I guess! 

The Portuguese is coming along more and more everyday. I still struggle to really express myself profoundly, but I can express almost everything I want to in simple and basic and choppy terms. The flowering and fluidity of my speech will come along. Haha I am learning patience for sure. 

We have some really good investigators right now.....many of which will be baptized! I won't be here for the baptisms of course, but I feel honored to have been a part in their conversion! Ahh!! There really are so many people in this world that are searching for the truth! They are only kept from it because they know not where to find it! It is a privilege to help people find it! 

I heard from my companion in the MTC, Sister Zeller, the other day! She arrived in Brazil about a week ago! Glad she finally made it! 

I will tell you a little bit more about Brazil I guess!

They take holidays really seriously here. When there is a holiday....EVERY store is closed and the streets are deserted! Tumbleweeds. Creepy.

I take hot showers here. 
It is really annoying coming into fall now. It is cold in the morning....hot during the afternoon.....and cold in the evening. It makes deciding what to wear a pain. 

I. Hate. Dogs. Everyone and their dog (hahaha) has a dog. Twelve dogs. And they are annoying. And they bark non-stop. And I don't see why people here like having twelve annoying, barking dogs. 

Well, time is all but out. I love you all. I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I know families are forever. Press forward in Faith!

Sister Autumn Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment